Tuesday, May 3, 2022

The beginning is where you decide it is.

 Gentle Reader

Yes, this is how I have decided to address you. I do so in hope you will be kind as I learn to fit into my latest reincarnation as a writer.

There was a time, a few lives and pounds and adventures ago, it was thought by a few I would be a writer  and the concept of journalist was swatted around too. Mom was sure at one point I would be a stand up comedian or a lawyer. I wasn't sure I was going to make it past 25 so it really didn't matter to me.

I will do my best to keep a promise and put my stories out into the world where they can live their own lives without me.  Your imagination will illustrate them and perhaps bits and pieces of them like seeds planted out of season they will come to life much later and be passed along. 

For now let's just get a few little things clear before we go on and I offend you with bad language or harsh opinions and I start receiving comments about how I should write so that everyone and the neighbours dog is happy with it. Not happening. I am doing this with eager encouragement but ultimately for me.  When I opened this up I discovered I had started and faltered at it once 8 years ago. Someone else had been trying to get me to share my stories too but that reincarnation of me did not have the time or focus to dedicate to writing. So that is the second thing to make clear, I will put stories here that I think might have value to someone but mostly because they have value to me. I am not looking to have an open debate on abortion or politics or religion but all of these things and a few more sore spots will appear in my tales. They will be presented as they happened to me, not you, gentle reader, me. If you do not like my experience or my hindsight vision of those experiences skip it, move on, come back next week or not at all.

For now I will write you a letter each week at least to let you know I am still trying to get the hang of this. I will work on bigger essays suitable to fill part of a rainy afternoon in a comfy chair with a cozy blanket and fuzzy socks while you sip a cup of tea and the cat purrs. I may from time to time share a recipe that I have finally perfected for something luscious or soothing. The odd anecdote and photos might sneak into the collection you find here. I guess this blog will be my equivalent of my nan's spare room full of a little bit of everything and no one knows how she got it all in there. 

It seems to be the family tradition that there is one of me in each generation. Each one of us so much like our predecessor and yet completely different. So my spare room will be full of words, photos, thoughts, memories, and hope.

So now you know a bit about this place, my electronic rocking chair by the fire, and as time goes on you will get to know more about me. I have a sneaking suspicion more secrets then I ever thought will find there way here to these pages. So gentle reader please do your best to be kind, words are the most powerful thing in all our human universe. I will try not to cut you as I know I can but only ever use them to warm your heart and maybe even help heal a soul or two along the way.

Until we next meet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Gentle Reader
I am currently not asking for donations as I do not deserve them - yet. Please enjoy what I share and feel free to comment.
With some encouragement I may post more often now I am free.